What a place to raise your family!
Live the good life in this perfect family home. Nestled in a quiet cul-de-sac, this 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom brick and tile house is practically self-sustaining when it comes to water, heating, and fruit and veg.
Look out over a lawned garden and 2.1ha of beautiful bushland from your spacious open-plan casual living area, or hide yourself away in the formal lounge room/theatre. This home has living and sleeping zones separated by a sliding door, and excellent climate control with a slow combustion wood stove that you can fuel from your own block without any need to buy in extra firewood. For 6 months of the year, using water at a normal rate, you won’t even need to access mains water.
The fruit tree orchard includes citrus, plum and macadamia, plus you’ll love the large vegetable patch, all fully reticulated via a combination of bore, rainwater and mains water. And don’t forget your man cave in the form of a powered 9x12m colorbond workshop with lean-to for your tractor or storing firewood out of the rain.
- Extra-large double master bedroom with bay window area
- Gas hob and electric oven, plus dishwasher
- Study nook
- Carpeted bedrooms and tiled living areas
- Evaporative ducted air conditioning throughout
- Steel fireproof cage over air con unit on roof
- Massive outdoor entertaining area under colorbond patio
- Additional refrigerative air con units in living area and master bed
- Security screens to sliding doors and some windows
- Gas hot water system
- 2x RCDs and hardwired smoke alarms
- Gas bayonets
- Ample parking with double garage, long driveway, plus workshop
- Reticulated orchard, and gardens
- Loads of room for a pool
- 90m bore with 1yo pump and 2 rainwater tanks
- Natural bushland, amazing birdlife, close to a reserve
- Close to Chidlow village with shops, services, primary school and sports facilities
- A wide selection of facilities, public and private schools in nearby Mundaring
- Beautifully maintained, attractive home waiting for you to add your personal stamp
Best of all, Chidlow is a historic and peaceful township in the Perth hills, boasting the stunning recreational lake, Lake Leschenaultia, as well as Lake Charlotte with its winery and restaurant. It’s the ideal place to bring your family together, with plenty of recreational activities nearby including horseriding, BMX trail and lake swimming – all less than one hour to the Perth CBD.